Fannypants®, Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and visitors to this web site which it owns and operates. This Privacy Statement and Policy applies to this web site and governs data collection and usage. The purpose of this privacy statement is to describe Fannypants® privacy and security practices related to this web site and to Fannypants® products and services, including its collection of personal and other types of information.
The Fannypants® website and Products and Services offered by Fannypants® are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information
(as defined below) from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. If we learn that information has been submitted by someone who is less than 18 years old we will not use it.
What information do we collect?
- Cookies and Web Beacons The Fannypants® website may use “cookies” and “web beacons” to personalize its customers’ and visitors’ online experiences with its web site. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag. pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server
- Third Party Analytics: In addition to the cookies and web beacons we deliver and use, we may also allow certain third-party analytic’s service providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the Fannypants® website on Fannypants® behalf and to retain and use Usage Data (as defined below) received from such cookies and web beacons.
- Usage Data: Anonymous information regarding customer/visitor use of this web site or our services (“Usage Data”)may be collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Fannypants. Usage Data collected through these automated means may include information that we gather and store about your visit to, and use of, the Fannypants® website. Such anonymous Usage Data may include your IP address and the location of your IP server, the type of browser and operating system you used to access this web site, and the date and time you accessed this web site. Usage Data is anonymous and does not include Personal Information (as defined below) and is therefore not treated as Personal Information under this Notice.
- Personal Information: Personal Information is information that Fannypants® directly associates with an identifiable person or entity, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, Social Security Numbers, general demographic information (i.e. date of birth, age, gender), historical/preferred payment information (credit card numbers/Paypal accounts), financial information (such as bank account numbers), purchase history and location information (location information is often received from the device from which you access our web site). In addition, we may combine information received from third parties with Personal Information and Usage Data we collect about you.
In what manner may Fannypants® use the Personal Information it collects?
Fannypants® may use the Personal Information it collects to improve its business; comply with legal recommendations and requirements; for general business purposes such as customer account management; to offer products and services of other entities to you; to facilitate and administer special events, contests, and similar promotional campaigns and/or sweepstakes; to facilitate your interaction with other Fannypants® customers; to solicit and obtain customer feedback regarding our web site and our Products and Services; to perform data, market trend and demographic analyses; and, to improve your overall customer experience.
In what manner may Fannypants® use the Usage Data it Collects
Fannypants® may use Usage Data (which does not include Personal Information) for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
Third party access to information
Fannypants® may include applications from third parties on some pages of this web site that allow interaction or content sharing by users. Your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they placed on your device when you registered for their application or service. Please visit the third parties’ particular privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls. Fannypants® does not sell or otherwise share Personal Information with third parties, except as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your Personal Information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide services to us who have access to your Personal Information. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your Personal Information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us.
- Surveys/ Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, or promotion on the Fannypants® web site that is sponsored by Fannypants® and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for Fannypants® to share your Personal Information collected in conjunction with the survey or promotion with the third party and after the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and/or practices.
- Other Third Parties. Fannypants® may access or disclose information. including Personal Information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of Fannypants® and our affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with legal advice, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if Fannypants® sells all or a portion of its business or sells or transfers all or a material part of its assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Fannypants® may transfer all or a portion of your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
Fannypants® may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements. They may utilize information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons to provide customization, auditing, and reporting for us and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this web site and on third party web sites that participate in these advertising networks. Fannypants® does not provide any Personal Information to an advertiser when you interact with or view a customized advertisement on this web site. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
Customer Email List
In order to access Fannypants® Products and Services, you are required to register with our site and provide us with Personal Information and by so registering you have opted in to receive email communications from us through our customer email list, as described in this Notice. If you would like to alter the frequency and type of email you receive from us, you may update your user profile. If you no longer wish to receive such communications from Fannypants®, you may opt-out of the customer email list by changing your customer account preferences. Fannypants® will take commercially reasonable steps to implement opt-out requests promptly. You may also opt out of the provision of Usage Data to analytics providers as discussed above by changing your customer account preferences.
Links to Other Web sites
California Civil Code 1798.83
Fannypants® and its affiliates maintain a common database of customer information. The end result of maintaining such a database is that customer information obtained by any affiliate or third party or advertiser or advertising network, as described herein, may be shared to such parties. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the ‘Shine The Light’ law, permits our customers and our web site users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to Fannypants® privacy inquiry department, whose contact information is listed in the next provision of this Privacy Notice, entitled “Privacy Notice Inquiries”.
Privacy Notice Inquiries
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at 571.485.2919. You also may write to us at: Fannypants®, Inc. Attn: Privacy Inquiry 4229 Lafayette Center Drive Suite#1150 Chantilly, VA 20151
Last Updated: March 31, 2013.